Monday, November 1, 2010

NEW MUSIC: "Roman's Revenge"

NICKI KILLED IT when I first heard this song I said to myself "woah". This was the Nicki Minaj I missed. I always said I thought she was becoming an artist way too different from the artist she was before she signed with Young Money. I thought she was doing too much animation instead of rapping. It seemed to me that her lyrics were lacking value and the hunger was gone. However, I was wrong. Last week she visited 106 & Park and she explained her tactics as an artist. She said that many of the songs that she is on is her featured on another artists song. In order to kill a verse everytime and make the track more memorable she does her different voices, loud outbursts, etc. which I completely understood. She said on her album you get to hear Nicki really rapping. I thought of her songs such as "Your Love" and "Right Through Me" it does contain her rapping regularly. However she went real hard on this track, it's rumored that it's directed towards Lil Kim. I don't know if thats true, I love Lil Kim and all but if it is she needs to watch out. Not to mention this song features Eminem. The song was produced by Swizz Beats, I can't expain it's just hot. Let me stop talking and listen to the track



4 comments:

  1. Whoa! That's all I have to say about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About time! Now she actually makes me want to hear the new album

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's music...usually I don't give one half a shit for rap but I like that XD

    ReplyDelete