Monday, December 27, 2010

Kourtney Heart♥

Kourtney Heart is an up and coming artist from New Orleans, Louisana signed to Jive Records. I was first introduced to Kourtney Heart when I was doing my research on Magnolia Shorty. Magnolia Shorty was a bounce music artist from New Orelans who was murdered earlier this month. She is one of the two bounce music artist I did posts on within the last two months, both who lost their lives to the violence that is sweeping New Orleans. Kourtney Heart found international success with her single "My Boy" ft. Magnolia Shorty. When I first heard the song I'll admit I didn't pay it any mind. Only because at the time my only task was to find out all that I can about Magnolia Shorty and try to put together the best post that I can. After I conquered that task I went back to the song and listened to it again. It was only a short amount of time until I found myself singing the song. Thats when I knew I had a new task. I had to research Kourtney Heart and learn all that I can about her. From what I learned she is living the dream I only imagined I could achieve. That only means that I have to be more focused and work even more harder than I already am(reason why I'm ending my blog). She is your normal 17 year old in her senior year of high school. She has been in love with music from a young age thanks to her dad. She began doing local talent shows. She soon moved to singing the "National Anthem" at the New Orleans Hornets basketball games. As she continued to work hard she began getting even more recgonition. She soon started opening for artist such as Kelly Price and Trey Songz. After watching several of her youtube videos I was able to see that she has traveled a very long road and deserves every amount of success that is coming to her and more. On September 14, 2010 Kourtney Heart released her first album Eye Dee Kay. The Album consists of songs such as "My Boy" and "Spell It Out", which I recommend that people listen to because they are great songs. Shortly after the release of her album she was officially signed to Jive Records. The thing about Kourtney Heart is that at a young age she is filled with so much ambition and she is so focused. Both which led to her getting her record deal and the amount of fans that she has. Her being only one year older than me and being able to achieve the dream that we both obtain only motivates me to keep trying in hopes that one day I will be able to make it. Not only make it, but also be appreciated by many and be able to speak to them through music. I believe the best kind of artist is an artist who can speak to people through their work. Not only music but also through art, dance and even acting. Kourtney Heart is dope and I support her.

Official Music Video to her song "My Boy" ft.Magnolia Shorty

An interview Kourtney Heart did last year

Kourtney Heart singing the Star Spangled Banner at The New Orleans Drumline Live BOTB 2010

Pictures of Kourtney Heart:






Eye Dee Kay Album Cover








Kourtney Heart's Website: http://www.kourtneyheart.com/
Kourtney Heart's Twitter: http://twitter.com/kourtneyheart
Kourtney Heart's Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/kourtneyheartvideos

No comments:

Post a Comment