Sunday, November 21, 2010

Chrisette Michele

This is the album cover of Chrisette Michele's third album Let Freedom Reign, expected to be released on November 30th. The first single off of her upcoming album is "I'm a Star", which is a nice melow song that still shows her unique vocal range. I believe that she has one of the best voices when it comes to soul. I first heard of Chrisette Michele when she was featured of Nas's song "Can't Forget About You" off of his Hip Hop is Dead album. After that she released her debut album I Am which consisted of songs such as "If I Had My Way" and "Love Is You". It wasn't until she released her second album "Epiphany" that I really fell in love with her. To promote her album she did the VH1 Soulstage and I was just amazed from the begining to the end. I literally sat in front of my televison staring and feeling chills watching this woman sing. When she performed her song "Blame it On Me" thats when the tears reached my face. I was able to get her album and other songs such as "Playin Our Song", "What You Do", and "Fragile" became instant favorites. Her new album is just another album I am very anxious to hear because I am positive it is going to consist of good music, which is rear now a days.

"I'm a Star" Music Video

Pictures of Chrisette Michele:
From the set of "Can't Forget About You"


Debut album I Am


Sophomore album Epiphany


Promo picture for her first single "I'm A Star" off of her third album Let Freedom Reign

2 comments:

  1. She is such a great artist! And I can't believe I missed the performance =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I mean dat was such an amazing performance...I tried to find videos of it buh I couldn't

    ReplyDelete