Wednesday, November 24, 2010

PINK Friday Celebration

It is finally here, two days ago Nicki Minaj released her debut album Pink Friday

I'll admit I am not a die hard fan of Nicki Minaj like some people are, but I am a fan I do respect the road she has traveled to reach the place so many people dream of. I first found out about Nicki Minaj in early 2008, way before she was signed to Young Money. Around that time she was still doing videos on come up dvd's and mixtapes. My first impression of her was like "yo dis girl can really spit, not to mention she's pretty". So it was fun and exciting to watch her develope as an artist because she was different and she had this New York demeaner that just let you know how serious she was. I think my most favorite songs by her ever would have to be "Warning" and "Baddest Bitch". At first it was kind of wierd to see her develope into this total different person over the last couple of years because I wasn't immune to it. Then again, whats a true artist without some type of growth or change? I've learned to except it and just try to grasp on to the best music she is able to make. However, this post is for me to express how proud and excited I am for her because she has come a long way for her to finally release her first alum. Only something that I dream of doing for myself. I've already expressed how much I like "Roman's Revenge". Another favorite of mine off of the album is "Fly" ft. Rihanna, I also recommend that people listen to her song called "Old Nicki" because she talks about her changing into the Nicki Minj we now see today.

One of my favorite songs by Nicki Minaj & maybe the first song I learned from her

Evolution of Nicki Minaj:









No comments:

Post a Comment