Friday, July 1, 2011

It's Whatever One Year Later

Right about now I am very proud to sit behind my computer and announce this is the first anniversary of It's Whatever. One year ago on this day I said to myself that I wanted to start a blog. I had seen so many other people with blogs and I decided I wanted to start my own. In my first post entiltled Blog #101 I said I had absolutely no idea what I wanted my blog to be about. Just coming up with concepts in my head began to give me a headache. However it was shortly after I noticed that all of my posts were connected to music in some way shape or form. So although my blog was entitled It's Whatever, it soon became about music and not just whatever random stuff I felt like talking about. It all made since to me after awhile. Since I aspire to be within the music industry one day I thought that it was only right that I continued with the pattern of music. After all music is what I love, and it's something that comes second in my life. This past year I had people say to me "I've never heard of this artist or this group until I read about them on your blog". "I first heard this song on your blog". I even heard some harsh words from the people I call my friends. I would hear things like "I don't have time to read your blog". "I really don't care what you have to say, I know it's irrelevent anyways". All I have to say to those people is fuck you. With or without your support I continued to do this blog. I did it for myself and for my love of music. I even ended my blog, but my heart wouldn't let me stay away for longer than a month. I just learned to balance both my music and keeping up with the blog. I must say I've been doing a pretty damn good job. *pats self on the back*. Doing this blog has helped me realize my love for both writing and reporting entertainment (mainly music) news. Thats why next year when I enter college I'll be majoring in both vocal music performance and broadcast journalism, media journalism or mass communications (I'm not quite sure yet). To sum up this long story, I'm proud of myself for sticking to this blog and letting my love for music be known to everyone. Even if it was only a few dedicated readers. This is only one year, and I'm looking forward to many more to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment