Thursday, July 14, 2011

Throwback Thursday: Jay-Z "Song Cry"

This weeks throwback song is "Song Cry" by Jay-Z. I believe that he has to be the best rappers in the game still to this day. This song is off of his 2001 album The Blueprint. I don't know how or why, but this has always been my favorite song by Jay-Z. The sample of Bobby Glenn's "Sounds Like a Love Song" just adds the cool, melo, laid back feel to the song. As a little girl both Jay-Z and the Notorious B.I.G were my favorite rappers because those were my dads favorite rappers, and it was their songs that I mostly heard in the car. I believe that Jay-Z is not only the best rapper in the game, but one of the smartest rappers. He has been able to become one of the biggest moguls in the hip hop industry. Just to think him and my dad grew up together in Marcy. This August he will be releasing a joint album with Kanye West entitled Watch the The Throne. This is just a WARNING  to everyone, when this album drops the streets are gonna go crazy because I can asure that it would be that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment