Sunday, July 17, 2011

K'La

It's been a minute since I've done a new artist post, but when ever I do one it's always about an artist that is a great addition to the music industry. This time I am here to talk about new Def Jam artist K'La. I first heard of K'La when her video for her hit single "All Your Love" was a new joint on 106 & Park. I automatically fell in love with the song because number one it samples Bob Marley and the Wailers song "Turn the Lights Down". Also because I really found her voice to be very melo and calming. However, when I heard her rap that's when I was sold. It turns out that K'La has always wanted a musical career, but not as a singer. She always had dreams of being a rapper, but when her manager told her she had a great voice she decided to take on both rapping and singing. Two years ago she  moved to Atlanta from Gary, Indiana to persue her music career. While in Atlanta she met the CEO of Music Line, after performing for him she was signed to the label last summer. The single mother of two currently has her mixtape The Coldest Winter Ever, out which features "All Your Love". After watching and reading a few interviews with K'La I learned that all she is trying to do is speak the truth through her music, and she is going to tell her audience the truth without candy coating anything.

Official Music Video for "All Your Love" off of The Coldest Winter Ever

Offical Music Video for "Pussy, Money, Weed" off of The Coldest Winter Ever

K'La's new mixtape Freedom is now avaliable

No comments:

Post a Comment