Sunday, July 24, 2011

R.I.P Amy Winehouse

I really hate when I have to do another R.I.P post, because I know once again the music world has suffered yet another lost of a great musician. This post in particular I kind of feel guilty for doing because it seems as though people are no longer important or worth mentioning until their actually dead. That is something that I  really hate about this world. Many know Amy Winehouse as the British singer with the beehive hair do, soulful melo voice, that sung about not attending rehab. However her music was more than that, those who knew more than one song from her knows that she expressed all of her trials and tribulations through her music. Like her song "Back to Black" for example. Although I never really mentioned Amy Winehouse on the regular I am still a fan. When someone has such an amazing voice, and actually does something great with it I am forever a fan. It's no secret that she was constantly in the media more for alcohol and drug abuse, opposed to her contribution to the music world. I mean she won five grammy's for her album Back to Black, and set the record for taking home the most grammy's by a female artist in one night back in 2007. I personally would have killed to get in the position she was in, sadly her life had to end only after 27 years. The cause of her death is currently still unknown, and some people are suspecting it to be a drug overdose. I don't know what it is, but my heart still goes out to her family because in the end a life was still lost. Regardless of all the negative I believe that respects should be paid and wishes of her finally resting in peace should be made. With that being said I wish that she is now resting in peace, and I know she for sure will not be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment