Thursday, June 2, 2011

Throwback Thursday: Vanessa Carlton- "A Thousand Miles"

This weeks throwback song is "A Thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlton. After hearing Beyonce's new song and hearing the sample of "A Thousand Miles" in the song it rekindled my strong like for this song. I first heard this song in the movie White Chicks, of course thats before I widened my musical horizons. However after hearing that song I kept singing it over and over again. I have memories of walking the halls of my elementry school and singing this song when I should of been in the classroom learning. "A Thousand Miles" is off of Vanessa Carlton's debut album Be Not Nobody, released in April of 2002. At the time she was signed with A&M Records. With this song alone she was nominated for three grammy's. She is currently signed to Razor & Tie, her new album Rabbits on the Run is expected to be released later this month on the 21st.



No comments:

Post a Comment