Monday, December 20, 2010

R.I.P Magnolia Shorty

Like Messy Mya, Magnolia Shorty was an up and coming bounce music artist from New Orleans. Like Messy Mya she was murdered as well. She was signed to Cash Money Records in the 1990's, and she was murdered on December 20, 2010. I wish I could tell you more about her, but like Messy Mya I didn't find out about her until she was killed. The difference between the two is, Messy Mya was also a comedian so he had videos on youtube where I was able to learn about him after his death. The only thing I can inform you guys on about Magnolia Shorty is she was in a car with a guy and they were both shot to death, she was shot 26 times. Magnolia Shorty was only 28 years old. Once again I'm going to say this violence is getting out of control, and people are continuing to lose their lives. I send my condolences to the family of Magnolia Shorty, I know this is a hard time for them and it is all occuring around the holidays.

Kourtney Heart ft. Magnolia Shorty "My Boy" Official Music Video

From the research that I've done there have been three bounce music artist from New Orleans that were killed within these last two months. First was a rapper named Money, who I know nothing about but I tried to find out about him. The only thing I was able to find were tweets from Messy Mya who was mourning his death, assuming they were good friends. Every person I've found speaking on him said he was killed by the police. The day after his death Messy Mya was murdered, and I did a post on him last month which also consists of updates. Than almost a month after Messy Mya is murdered Magnolia Shorty was murdered.

No comments:

Post a Comment