Saturday, December 18, 2010

NEW MUSIC: "If I Ever Fall In Love Again" / "Buyou"

Keyshia Cole is gearing up for the release of her fourth studio album Calling All Hearts, which will be released this Tuesday December 21st. Her entire album actually leaked this week. I was introuduced to a new song entitled "If I Ever Fall In Love Again" featuring Faith Evans. The song samples a Notorious B.I.G song. I actually like the song, I think Keyshia Cole is back and hasn't lost her touch not one bit. I think this song can be considered another Keyshia Cole classic. However, I do feel like she could have used a little more time to promote her album. It seems like she released a song then came the video, than another song and video. Then comes the album release, although I do know she has been gearing up for awhile. For those who don't know I'm making sure they know her album will be in stores on December 21st.



December 21st is almost is here and you guys know I'm excited. Ms. Keri Baby will be dropping her sophomore album No Boys Allowed. A new track from the highly anticipated album (at least by me) was released and it's entitled "Buyou". The songs features J.Cole and, I think this song makes a good dance track. Not to mention the song features J.Cole who has to be considered one of the best new artist of 2010. I would also like to say something not relating to the track, because I am a huge Keri Hilson fan I think I should share some words on the recent hate that has been going towards Keri Hilson's way. Many people all over the televison, radio and internet have been very unsupportive of Keri Hilson recently. All of this didn't occur until she released the video to "The Way You Love Me". Instead of embracing the new route she is traveling within her musical career people are bashing her and suddenly turning against her. She is not the only artist this has been done to neither. It seems when an artist decides to try something new or show who they really are within their music people are so quick to judge and turn them down. Keri Hilson was loved by many when she released In A Perfect World, but as soon as she becomes a little more personal and lets her audience get to know her a little better. People want to turn their backs on her. I like to consider those people fake fans who are not open minded. As long as these fake fans who are not opened minded cease to exsist the music industry will fail to widden it's horizions and lack individuality and creativity. This does not only apply to Keri Hilson, but all artist as well. At the end of the day Keri Hilson is one of the few talented artist out to this day. So while people are judging her she'll continue to produce her own music, write for herself and others and use her unique vocals.

No comments:

Post a Comment