Saturday, April 9, 2011

Mashonda

I love that every single day people learn something new. This morning I learned that Swizz Beatz now current ex wife Mashonda is a singer. I thought now she wants to be a singer, but for some reason she has always been familiar looking to me. Even when her and Swizz Beatz were still married, but I could never put my finger on it. When I heard her remake of "Juicy Fruit" orginally done by Mtume the first thing that popped up in my head was RESEARCH. In 1999 when Mashonda was 18 years old she had a signed publishing deal with Warner Chapel Music and she wrote for a rapper under Full Surface Records. In 2000 she signed a deal with Columbia Records where she was featured on Eve's "Love Is Blind", Jay-Z's "Girls Best Friend", Mya's "Best of Me", and Cassidy's "Get No Better". By 2002 she was signed to J Records where she began working on her debut album January Joy, it was released in Japan in November 2005. It was supposed to be released the following month internationally, but because she had little radio play the album was shelved. In 2007 she began working on her sophomore album, but once again she had little radio play and her album was to be pushed back. However she left J Records in 2007 and she took her second album with her, soon releasing it as a mixtape. In this past year she has launched her own website MashondaLoyal.com where two songs were released. She just recently released the remake of "Juicy Fruit". This is rumored to be the first single off of her second attempt at her second sophomore album, and I really hope it goes through this time because she can really sing. After she was pubically cheated on and had to watch her husband start a new family right in front of her face basically I can sense that she is looking for a new fresh start as she embraces what life has brought her. To this day I still cannot have that much respect for Alicia Keys for the things she has done within her personal life. Whether she realizes it or not but she really was the cause of destruction to Mashonda's family. Even when Mashonda knew she still tried to fight and save her family but it didn't work. The point is Swizz Beatz is really a good producer, but as far as a husband he isn't so great. However I will be looking out for more new music from Mashonda.


AUDIO- Mashonda confirming Alicia Keys being the homewrecker, while her and Swizz Beats was still married(this interview is before they filed for divorce):



PICTURES:

Her Debut album January Joy












Mashonda's NEW KING Cover

Mashonda recently at her celebration for her KING Cover

You guys can catch Mashonda on VH1's new reality show Love & Hip Hop on Monday's @ 10:30PM

2 comments:

  1. Yes she was a singer, I never really heard anything that she had done. Not sure if A. Key broke up her family...I wasn't there so I can't speak on it. I do think that she should have waited until they were legal divorced before she started seeing Swizz. But hey, that their issue to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice blog :) im your new follower hoping to be followed back by you :) xoxox
    http://cosmopearls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete