Saturday, April 2, 2011

Lincoln Center Experience

This week has been a very long and exhausting week, however it has to be one of the most memorable weeks. On Monday March 28th my choir had the opportunity to sing at Lincoln Center here in New York City. Not only that, but we were also conducted by Dr. Rene Clausen. In the choral world he is really famous, most famous for his song "Set Me as a Seal". It don't think there is enough words to explain this experience. But I can say that when I stepped on that stage to perform I felt really comfortable, despite the fact that I couldn't feel my foot because my heels were hurting my feet. Thats another story though. Last weekend we had rehersals at the Hilton Hotel, and that Monday was the concert. My choir had the chance to sing Mark Wilberg's Requiem, along with four different other choirs from different parts of the country. It was a really really great experience and I hope to do something like that again in the near future, after all singing is what I ♥ to do.

Concert Choir at the Hilton for rehersal with Dr. Rene Clausen (I'm in the front with the yellow shirt)

Myself, Camara, Destini & Zakia after our final rehersal at the Hilton before the dress rehersal at Lincoln Center

Zakia, Destini, Chelsea, Camara & myself


Concert Choir in front of Lincoln Center (I'm not in this picture because I walked away, it was really windy, but I'm in some other picture)


We're Brooklyn High School of the Arts- Concert Choir



No comments:

Post a Comment