Thursday, May 3, 2012

New Life Album Review


Lately I've been a lazy blogger, and that's mainly because it's senior year & it's about to end so there is a lot going on. However, that's not a good enough reason for the poor work that I've been producing. After realizing my poor work I had to think of new things to talk about for you guys to enjoy, that wasn't too hard to do. The musical world is growing everyday, my musical world is growing everyday. Finding topics made me excited, and one of the first things I would like to discuss is Monica's new album New Life. This is her seventh studio album, and I felt like I personally had to buy it because she is one of the few great R&B artist left within the industry. Earlier last month I talked about the video to her single "It All Belongs To Me" with Brandy. With the success of that song when I brought the album I expected all of the songs to match the instant success of that single, as well as match the success of her previous album Still Standing. I'm not saying this because Monica is one of my favorite singers, but she really delivered. I listened to the entire album from start to finish at least four times the first day I had the album. Many people in this generation probably don't think too much of Monica because her albums consist mostly of ballots. What they must understand is she comes from the 90s era so she sticks with the formula that has made her the wonderful artist that she is today. The formula that has created the reputation that she has had for over fifteen years. Second she sings the hell out of every ballot she has on her albums, good music is good music and that's all to it. My favorite songs off of the album is "Big Mistake", "Without You" and "Amazing". According to Monica's instagram her next single will be "Without You", so request that single at your local radio stations. Also if you haven't already, make sure you go out and buy or download a copy of New Life, I promise you won't be disappointed. The album has features from both Brandy and MMG's own Wale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment