Tuesday, May 22, 2012

2012 Billboard Music Awards Recap

If your a true lover of music then like me this past Sunday you were glued to the television watching the 2012 Billboard Music Awards, which took place in Las Vegas. This years award show was the main attraction because many people were looking forward to the Whitney Houston tribute featuring her daughter Bobbi Kristina. However before I touch on that tribute, I want to share some of my favorite looks from the red carpet. 

The first look comes from Monica, I love this white dress on her and I love the hair. However, my favorite part  of her entire outfit is her SHOES! I constantly walk around in high heels for practice, this will be me one day.

The next best outfit goes to Brandy, what I like most about this outfit is her shoes, hair and makeup. Most of all this look shows that she can be versatile and still look sexy. I can't wait until she starts working on promo for her new album, more hot outfits to come. 

When I first seen Miley Cyrus's outfit the first thing I said was "a jacket and heels, really?". Then I looked at the outfit more and then I realized that she is all grown up and that this is actually a really nice high fashioned look. So this eventually became on of my favorites of the night. 

My next favorite look went to Carrie Underwood, this look says Prom 2012 to me and I don't know if it's because my prom is this Friday that's why this was so appealing to me. However her gown was beautiful, her hair and makeup was perfect. She just looks like the perfect peach to me. 


Although the red carpet looks were definitely the talk of the night, another topic of discussion was the tribute to Whitney Houston done by John Legend and Jordin Sparks. The most talked about part of the tribute was Jordin Sparks rendition of "I Will Always Love You". There were a few people who thought she sounded pretty bad, but I thought she did a good job. I thought she did a good job for the simple fact that she stuck to her range and delivered the song to the best of her ability. She was never a power house singer, so many people may have looked for her to belt out a Jennifer Hudson which was never going to happen. Therefore a kudos to Jordin Sparks is deserved in my opinion. It was also sweet that Bobbi Kristina was there to accept the Millenium Award on behalf of her mother, the award was created last year with Beyonce being the first recipient.  





No comments:

Post a Comment