Saturday, May 28, 2011

Miguel

I don't know why but it has literally taken me a month to do this post. Why? I have no clue as to why, but better late than never I guess. Miguel is one of the new artist on the R&B scene. Like many new artist Miguel has written for established artist on their albums before beginning a musical career from behind the sences. He has written on Usher's last two albums Here I Stand and Raymond v. Raymond. He is most famous for his song "All I Want Is You" off of his debut album All I Want Is You, which was released on November 30, 2010 on Jive Records. He was nominated at this years Grammy's, but as a songwriter. Miguel was signed to Jive Records in 2007 after his manager sent Mark Pitts his single "Sure Thing". Miguel described the track as "highly personal...a record that no one was ever supposed to hear". Even though he didn't want anyone to hear it, the song became a big hit. As it was the second single off of his debut album. Lately I've been seeing people mention Miguel left and right, saying that his album is one of the best R&B albums in years. I haven't heard the entire album, but after hearing all the good things I'm going to have to purchase my own copy.

Miguel "Sure Thing" Official Music Video

1 comment:

  1. I love Miguel! Sure Thing finally made me decided to buy his album and I am not disappointed. Great post as usual Jadie =)

    ReplyDelete