Saturday, May 7, 2011

2011 Met Costume Institute Gala Benefit Favorite Looks

This past week many celebrities swormed New York City for the annual Met Costume Institute Gala Benefit, which honored late fashion designer Alexander McQueen. It took me all week to go over all of the looks from the red carpet, and I was able to come up with my favorite looks.

My number one pick has to go to Ciara. Everyone already knows that Ciara has a very fit body so she can wear just about anything. She did an amazing job at picking this dress. I like the way the dress begins with a blue/gray color at the sweetheart neck line and then fades off into a white. I love that she wore her hair down, opposed to wearing it up like many decided to do. The look all together is just P-E-R-F-E-C-T to me. F.Y.I Ciara confirmed this week that her and New York Knick Amar'e Stoudemire are dating, and they actually look cute together.

My next favorite look goes to Rihanna, I like that she kept her hair simple. Instead of making it something really drastic. Her dress in particualr was a piece of art to me. It's like a tight fitting off the shoulder lace dress. Then again it's more like a off the right side of her body dress, because the right side is more like a nude piece connected to the dress. Whatever it is I like it.

Next favorite look goes to Mary J Blidge. What I like about her dress is the detail at the top. The gold detail actually complements her hair color and her skin tone. Usually the tattos would be an issue, buh the whole dress takes away from that. Not to mention she picked a great hairstyle to go with the dress.

Kerry Washington is my next favorite look. I think the light turquoise color is really pretty and becuase she is really small the cut outs on the side just add more to the look in total. The top of the dress down to her thighs is fitted and then the bottom of the dress just flows out giving a elegant look.

The next favorite look goes to Solange, she switched her hair up from it's natrual look to a relaxed curly look. I love the print of her dress, what makes me like her look is she stuck to her style and was able to find a perfect look for the event.

My last favorite look goes to Beyonce. I like this mermaid dress on her because it's able to show her shape, and it takes a turn when the dress reaches her neck. Not many people can wear mermaid dresses serveal times and look great everytime. This dress was so tight that she needed help walking up the stairs. If there is anything I would change is her hairstyle. At first I preferred for it to be down, but then I realized that it would of been too much because her dress reaches her neck. So maybe if she had a hairstyle like Mary J Blige it probably would of made her look even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment