Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My Top 5 Guys in R&B

In a previous post I mentioned a few things about myself. Amongst those things I mentioned my favorite women in R&B without mentioning the guys. That was totally unfair, so this post is deadicated to my favorite guys in R&B.


NE-YO
First off is Ne-Yo, he is a very very very talented artist and he is very creative. I love his writing ablities as an artist, which can go a very long way. Not only does he write for himself, but he writes for other artist as well. My favorite song he has written for another artist would have to be "Stay or Go" for Monica. His vocals are amazing as well. Ne-Yo is one of those artist who sounds the same way he does on a recording when you listen to him live. My favorite song by Ne-Yo and my favorite song over any other song is "When You Mad". Anyone who knows me knows thats been my favorite song since I was in 6th grade


TREY SONGZ

Next comes Trey Songz, I shouldn't really have to say anything. His name alone should just be enough said, but there are some things that just makes you ♥ Trey Songz. One thing that makes me respect him and admire him is his patience. Trey Songz has been in the industry for awhile now and he is just now reaching his greatest peak. Unlike artist who reach total super stardom over night from one single . It took a few years, but he continued to keep going. He started out with his first album "I Gotta Make It" and is about to reach his fourth album "Passion Pain Pleasure". In between he has mixtape after mixtape, proving he deserves his spot as one of the best in today's industry.With his great vocals and his incredible appearence I can see him go even further.

CHRIS BROWN


Chris Brown, is poppin (really great) first and for most. I have been a fan of his since the first day. I still blast his first album, knowing every word to almost every song on the album. He was a great artist then and is still a great artist today. Despite the issues he faced with Rihanna he is still a relevent artist. Not to mention his dance moves just made him even more noticable. After all of his issues he released his third studio album "Graffiti". It did not do as well as his first and second album, only due to the fact that he was being judged for the things that was taking place in his personal life. Like other artist Chris took to the mixtape seen, reminding his fans and those who left him behind why they fell in love with him to begin with. His latest mixtape with rapper Tyga (♥) "Fan of a Fan" is doing better than anyone has ever expected. The leading single "Deuces" recently just reached #1 in the country. It is obvious he is ready for another studio album, and I wish him nothing but much success.

MAXWELL


Maxwell is an artist before my time, becoming active again during my time made me appreciate and helped me distinguish real music from meaningless music. I remember being younger and seeing Maxwell's videos and listening to his music and I wasn't very fond of him honestly. Then again I was only a little girl and didn't understand what good music was. It wasn't until I went to high school where I began to appreciate music from different times and began to extend my ear to different types of music. So when I listened to those Maxwell songs I didn't like when I was younger my whole response was different. Instead I would say something like "Yessss Maxwell, CLASSIC". When he came back out in 2009 I was actually happy because he is one of those artist that gives you true R&B, he gives you that 90's R&B but makes it appealing to todays audience. With that being said he gets Two Thumbs Up from me! (=

USHER



Usher is one of those artist where you can just keep it short and simple. Like this: Was already a great artist from the time he came out. Started in the industry as a teen, as he blossmed everyone couldn't get enough of him. Had a falling point within his career after marrying the wrong women. Now that their divorced, he has a new album and is better than ever. Usher can be described as a legend. See simple enough ^__^



2 comments:

  1. I love this entire list! For me I would have to add Robin Thicke to the list. I was the biggest Usher stalker(fan) when I was younger. I can't wait for Trey's new album...I still have Ready on repeat!

    ReplyDelete