Saturday, September 4, 2010

106 & Park Experience


Many people say they don't watch the show 106 & Park on BET anymore. I'm one of the few people I know who still actually watch the show. There has been many changes to the show that has occured over the past 10 years they've been on televison. From the actual address of the studio, to the different sets and even three different sets of hosts. Everyone can agree and say that their favorite hosts would have to be the hosts that orignally started with the show AJ and Free. If it wasn't for them the show wouldn't even still exsist today, but I think eventually they would have moved on, on their own even if their contracts weren't up at the time. The current hosts Terrence J and Rocsi seem to have a great chemistry. I also respect the process they went through in order to get their jobs, which was the "BET New Faces" contest. Recently (the first of this month to be exact) I visited 106 & Park for first time with my friends. I've been watching 106 & Park since first grade, which was in 2000-2001 (the show began in 2000). So I've basically have been watching since it's came out, maybe a couple months after but its been years. I usually do my homework to the show. I always wondered what it would be like and how Terrence and Rocsi would act in person. The set is really small in person and so is Terrence and Rocsi, but they look exactly the way they do on televison. Except I think Terrence is even more handsome in person. At first I thought they didn't get along too much because during videos and commercials I didn't see too much interaction. Eventually deeper into the show they seemed like the same Terrence and Rocsi  I know through my television set. So I was glad to see that even on commercial breaks and when the videos were on they interacted with eachother the same. I was also happy to see that Rocsi was actually nice in person. I had heard from a friend she acted totally different, but I'm glad I experienced a different side of her. Going to 106 & Park was actually a wake up call to myself and my friend Shayna. We talked about the time we spent there afterwards and it made it clear to us where we wanna be in the future and how we need to start working at it now. Shayna wants to be either a broadcaster or a host, which I believe she will perfect for. I on the other hand want to persue a music career and being there just made me think about how I can have another first time on 106 & Park as being a new artist. Overall though I enjoyed myself, it was a great experience and can't wait to go again.


Here I'm pictued (middle) with my friend Shayna (left) & Desiree (right)!

1 comment:

  1. I also would like to pursue a career in music...just keep pushin to your goal.

    ReplyDelete