Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Reality TV & Music

I don't know if you guys are a huge reality television fans like I am, but when there is a new show that looks interesting than I'm there to watch it. My favorite kind of reality shows relate to music, they give me a chance to learn about new artists or learn more about an artist and it exposes me to new music. Two current reality shows is Love & Hip Hop Atlanta and R&B Divas. Both shows have artist that I've heard of before, but with the cameras there, viewers are given more of an emphasis of who they are and get a first look into the music that they make. 

The first artist is K Michelle from Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta. I first heard of her back in 2010 with her single "I Can't Do This". She is one of the breakout stars on the show as she discuss's her previous relationship with producer Memphitz, she mentions how he abused her and was part of  the reasons she fell off and lost her record deal with Jive Records. She is now on the comeback and I must say she is better than I remembered. Her vocals are really strong, and it's really obvious that the songs she writes comes from real life situations. I will admit I have no interest in her drama, but just her music. This season on Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta viewers got to watch her record two new songs which were "Bury My Heart" and "Kiss My Ass". I'm unaware of her current label situation, but on the show you see her going through trials and tribulations with trying to become signed again. I would ex out her drama, and only focus on her music because she is really talented. 
"Kiss My Ass"

"Bury My Heart"

The next artist is Keke Wayatt, that is best known for her duets with male R&B singer Avant. Some of the classic songs she is featured on is "Nothing In This World" and "If Only You Knew". She is now on the new TV One show R&B Divas, alongside Faith Evans, Monifah, Syleena Johnson and Nicci Glibert. The season has just began, but from the first two episodes I have learned that she is very protective over her husband, but she can sing her ass off. Recently a new track was released by Avant featuring Keke Wayatt called "You & I"

http://soundcloud.com/thisisrnb/avant-feat-keke-wyatt-you-i

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you! No matter how much DRAMA K. Michelle has surrounding her no one can take away the fact that she is most definitely TALENT!!!!!

    Great Post... Thanks for sharing!

    Xoxo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete