Wednesday, August 8, 2012

New Music: "Enough Said"

I feel like this post is 3 days over due, but if I wasn't getting ready to leave for college than it would have been posted earlier. This week Drake posted a new Aaliyah track that he produced. The song is entitled "Enough Said" and the song also features Drake himself. Drake has sampled Aaliyah on his music in the past, but now he is talking about producing an entire album of her unreleased music. First thing I'm interested in finding out is, how does Drake even have access to her unreleased music? He wasn't even on Degrassi when she was still around, but his statement about producing an entire album caused quite a buzz. Timbaland who was a good friend and producer to Aaliyah told media outlets that Drake shouldn't produce no Aaliyah music unless him and Missy Elliot are involved. Shortly afterwards Drake released "Enough Said". Being one of the biggest Aaliyah fans I was both excited and nervous. I was excited because she's been gone for over 10 years now, so of course I wanted to hear new music from her. Then I was nervous because I wasn't sure if it would live up to the empire Aaliyah has already built. Nonetheless, I LOVE THE SONG. It's a mixture of Aaliyah's classic sound, as well as a little 2012 spin. However, Aaliyah's brother Rashad posted to his Facebook and said that there will be no new Aaliyah album, nor will there being a biopic because he feel's like no one can play his sister. The new Aaliyah track was a nice excitement for the summer so Drake I thank you for that. As the anniversary of her death begins to approach, it's still hard to believe it will be 11 years since she's been gone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment