Monday, February 6, 2012

Performance At Carnegie Hall

This past weekend (February 5th)  I had an amazing opportunity to perform with about 200 other high school students like myself at Carnegie Hall. We were part of the Carmina Burana Project, and it was a lot of hard work and patience that went into the project. In the end everything that I experienced these past five months was well worth it. Last year I had the opportunity to perform at Lincoln Center, and this year performing at Carnegie Hall just topped everything off. I attended a show at Carnegie last year and from the audience the entire hall looked extremely huge. So when I entered this project I reakky looked forward to being on the stage and looking out and up into the audience. I must say that it was all worth while, this was my first time ever performing there. I'm really praying that it will not be my last. It's just something about being up on the stage and just looking at thousands of people look at you sing. I'm still in my shy stage, but I really hope soon that I overcome that so one day I can return to that stage and many other stages around the world where there are thousands of people watching me sing and enjoying the music I choose to provide them with. 

Here is an article from the New York Times on the performance: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/07/arts/music/carmina-burana-choral-project-at-carnegie-hall.html?_r=1

No comments:

Post a Comment