Tuesday, February 28, 2012

New Music: "Party & Bullshit"/ "D.U.I"

Jay-Z has yet another hot up and coming singer on his label Roc Nation. The last Roc Nation singer I mentioned on here was Bridget Kelly, but now it's time for Rita Ora to get some shine. She is the next artist on the label that is expected to drop their debut album later on this year. Her first single "Party & Bullshit" is quickly increasing her fan base. Last week she visited Z100 here in New York City with Jay-Z to debut her single for the first time, and since then there has been a lot of comments. Positive comments at that, many people are kind of referring to her as the "new Rihanna". With Jay-Z backing her career and having that free and raw spirit I can see why people can envision her becoming a big star like Rihanna. She does have better vocals that Rihanna in my opinion though. The London, England native names Gwen Stefani and Beyonce as some of her influences. I like her and I'm excited to her more music from her. 


Rita Ora & Jay-Z visiting Z100

Teyana Taylor released her second single "D.U.I" off of her upcoming EP The Misunderstanding of Teyana Taylor, which is slated to be released to be released on March 12th. When I first heard the song I kind of got that laid back vibe from it, the song features Fabulous and Jadakiss. 


No comments:

Post a Comment