Monday, October 11, 2010

NEW MUSIC: Pretty Girl Rock/First Time

In one week I have come across two new songs that I have fell in love with instantly. This time these songs were actually released by the artist instead of being leaked. So lets begin:


This week Keri Hilson "officially" released her video for her first song "Braking Point" (although it was leaked and I posted it a couple weeks ago). She also released a new single called "Pretty Girl Rock". Now I actually like this song. When listening to the song the lyrics seem a little bit cocky, but at the same time I thought why think cocky when it can be considered confident. However the attitude Keri Hilson potrays in this song is the total opposite of who I am. Then again it's not about me, but I think this song can be a confidence booster. The more new music I hear from Keri the more excited I am for her new album to come out in November.




This week I was also introduced to a new released track entilted "First Time". The song is by Tyga (♥ my current celebrity crush) and Pharrell Williams. I first heard about this song via/Facebook and decided to watch the interview he did with MTV. Tyga said when he was in the studio with Pharrell they were having a conversation about music and fashion and after they were finished the beat for the song was already done. I like the beat of the song a lot. I also like the song because it shows a more softer side to Tyga. I think it's always good to see the soft and gentle side of guys. After listening to this song I looked at Tyga as a total different artist. He proved that he can expand and talk about things his female fans can enjoy opposed to things he already talks about in his music.


CORRECTION: This song was actually leaked, but after being leaked Tyga did talk about the song when asked about it.

3 comments:

  1. I just had a chance to listen the songs. I freakin LOVE Keri's song! This is definitely my ish! This is my new anthem, lol. I need to find this online so I can download and listen to it every time I need a pick me up!

    Tyga's song is okay...I think that stuff he did on Fan of Fan was way better then this in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesss I love tha Keri Hilson song...& I like tha Tyga song...my favorite part of tha song is when he says "Don't It Baby" lols

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I gave you an award! Check it out http://nobodiesprincess.blogspot.com/2010/10/thanks-mrs.html?showComment=1287304923674#c7975583762316450092

    ReplyDelete