Saturday, July 10, 2010

Gives Me The Chills


Over the summer I said that I was going to test myself, and push myself vocal wise. I decided to assgin myself four songs. With those four songs I would learn them and make them my own when singing them. Out of those four songs I chose two Chaka Khan songs. One being "Through the Fire". It only took me a week to learn the song. The only hard part is to make the song my own. I listened to the original recorded verison several times, I even sung along with it. That was not enough because singing it the way I hear it is not always  the best way. I even started to cry (smh...I know) because it was getting to hard. It's still too hard in fact. I decided to watch different videos of Chaka Khan singing the song herself. Every video I watched she sung the song differently. There was not one video I found that sounded like the previous one I had watched. This video above in particular gave me chills. The way she is capable of going up the octive and remaining there is amazing. Her adlibs were amazing as well. I really hope you guys enjoyed watchig this particular performance as much as I did. Watching it just motivated me to keep trying. Maybe one of these days I can finally put together a perfect arrangement of this song.





KIM BURELL! That should be enough said. When I seen her perform this song for Whitney Houston I literally started crying. Not regualr crying, but I was balling with the sniffles and all. So when you listen to this you might want to have a tissue with you. WARNING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment