Sunday, September 9, 2012

2012 MTV Video Music Awards Recap

By now I'm sure you all have seen the 2012 MTV VMA's and I must say I wasn't impressed not one bit. I usually try my best to find the good in things, but I found the show to be quite boring this year.


The only performance that I found to be good throughout the entire show was Frank Ocean's. He performed his track "Thinking About You" which was released last year. He had the perfect and the best set up that matched his song. I listened very closely to his vocals, and I loved how he switched up the track. Of course him being bi sexual came about various times throughout the night, but that didn't take away from the fact of how talented he is. 



Rhianna was one of the main performers I was looking to see, but I just don't think she delivered. I don't know if it was last minute planning or what, but I was really hoping for more out of her performance. Most of all I hate to be the one to judge another's vocal ability, but those weren't on point that night neither. How ever she did take home the award for video of the year, and she looked simple and stunning while doing so. 




Wiz Khalifa & Amber Rose announced that they would be expecting their first child together 6 months from now. Although she was spotted the week before, but I think they were going for that Jay-Z & Beyonce moment.


Alicia Keys did her first televised performance for her new single "Girl on Fire", and for a hot song I found the performance to be kind of boring. She had Olympic gold medalist Gabby Douglass part of her performance, but it still didn't give it that "umph" that I looked for. 




No comments:

Post a Comment