Friday, December 9, 2011

New Music: "Walk Away"/ "Last Heart Standing"

I have to say my favorite part of doing this blog is introducing you all to new music. Right now I am proud to introduce you all to Olivia's new single "Walk Away". You all may know Olivia formally of G-unit (I don't even know if the group still exist), she is now an independent artist looking for a deal. Those of you who may watch Love & Hip Hop on VH1 you have seen her struggle within the first two seasons with getting a new deal with a major label. Last season she had her first hit in awhile with "December", unfortunately that was not enough to get her signed, but it did catch attention of labels. You can see that take place in the current season of the show on VH1 (Mondays @9:00pm) . However, I am hoping that this new single would be the single to get her signed or get the support of a major label. I believe she is actually talented and she is one of the many who are actually talented and struggle with getting a deal. I remember in the first season of Love & Hip Hop she said something about "slitting her throat if she could not be able to sing". She didn't mean it literally, but I understood what she meant because I share mutual feelings. That's just another form to express passion, I think that's why I quit hundreds of times and cry constantly because it's something that you really want. All in all I'm rooting for Olivia to succeed, and I hope you are too. If not, I hope your mind is changed after hearing this track. 


Here is Olivia singing the song for a showcase for Universal Records 

The next new song comes from JoJo. About a few months ago I posted a new song from her entitled "The Other Chick" which is believed to be off of her upcoming album Jumping Trains. I don't know if her new song "Last Heart Standing" will be part of that album, but I do believe that it would because the concept of the song matches with the other tracks that have been out such as "The Other Chick". As well as "Disaster", which is her official first single and the video is currently out. Nonetheless JoJo continues to display wonderful vocals after all of these years, and I am sure that whenever her new album drops she'll have great numbers her first week because her voice is just amazing. Hearing new JoJo music made me go back to my favorite JoJo song, which is "Not That Kinda Girl" off of her debut album. I like an artist who can make music and take me to happy places. With that being said I'm ready for JoJo.

No comments:

Post a Comment