Thursday, August 25, 2011

R.I.P Aaliyah. . .10 Years Later

Today marks the 10 year anniversary of Aaliyah's death, and as a super fan it still hurts. Ten years ago today I remember coming back from an amusement park and hearing nothing but her music on the radio. Then I go inside to see that she had died in a plane crash. I instantly begin to bust into tears as if I had lost a family member. Growing up I loved to watch Aaliyah sing and dance at award shows and on music videos. So when   you realize someone like that is gone forever and is no longer coming back you can't do nothing but cry. I've mentioned before that Aaliyah is the one who inspired me to want to be a singer. She first inspired through dance, and that's when my second grade teacher began a dance group called the Baby Girl Dancers with a few of my friends and I. As I got older I became more interested in singing, and I realized that I wanted to grow up and be an amazing entertainer just like Aaliyah. Although I've experienced hard times lately, I'm still motivated to become a entertainer just as good as Aaliyah. Although today is the day we look back on her tragic death, today is also the day to celebrate her and what she has brought to us as an entertainer. She most definitely was one of a kind and ahead of her time. No artist has been able to achieve her level of greatness and never will. 

Since today is Thursday it's only right that today's throwback song comes from Aaliyah: 

This is the first song the Baby Girl Dancers danced to

No comments:

Post a Comment