Tuesday, August 26, 2014

2014 Video Music Awards Performance Recap

This post is about two days overdue, but I need to give my opinion on this year's VMA's. Like last year's VMA's I have to admit that there were pretty much a few dull moments in the show until the end of the show. However, this year the award show was all about Beyonce of course. Before I can even speak on her performance, I do have to acknowledge some of the great performers that came before the big finale. 
The award show opened up with Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj and Jessie J performing "Bang Bang". Before the trio performed their collaboration, Nicki and Ariana both performed tracks from their upcoming projects. 
Another great performance from that night was Sam Smith. He performed his song "Stay With Me", and definitely displayed why simplicity is sometimes the best route to go. I must admit I do not know much about Sam Smith, but I did hear nothing but amazing things. After his live performance I was blown away and had to purchase his album. Needless to say, you guys can expect a new Artist Spotlight post coming soon. 
Other than Beyonce, I have to say those were my favorite performances from the night. I was fortunate enough to attend both the Mrs. Carter Show and the On The Run Tour so there were some numbers that I did see. However, Queen Bey performed her entire self-titled album and literally brought tears to my eyes. Everything that she does musically and performance wise is such as inspiration to many. What made everything more special was watching Jay-Z and Blue Ivy present her with the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award.



Check out my favorite performances below: 


Check out more when you continue. . .




No comments:

Post a Comment